Alright mamas, today's post is totally for you! I would say that since having a baby, my style has most definitely changed. I'm certain I am not alone in that. It hasn't changed drastically, as I've always been a jeans and flats kind of girl, but my choices in accessories has shifted, as well as the way I pair certain pieces. My wardrobe did have to change pretty signficantly while I was nursing Harper and pumping at work, and some days getting dressed felt like the biggest challenge. I think it's safe to say that becoming a mom has forced me to simplify my wardrobe and think about the practicality of each piece before purchasing. When I originally took these photos last week, I had just planned to create a typical outfit post. After editing them, it dawned on me that this outfit was the perfect momiform, or mom uniform. I actually wore it to run some errands and to go to lunch with my little family, and was completely comfortable in it all day. An outfit like this is simple, and can certainly be re-created with a variety of other pieces, however here is the recipe for my momiform:
1. As soon as this sweater arrived in the mail, my first thought was, "I wish I had this last winter!" because this wrap front style is totally nursing friendly (bonus for any new mama!) A solid top or sweater in a neutral color is the best starting point for every outfit, as it can be re-mixed so many different ways.
2. I'm not kidding when I say that Old Navy Rockstar jeans feel like you are wearing leggings. These are my total go-to jeans, and I have multiple pairs in different styles and colors. They have the perfect amount of stretch, run true to size, and definitely don't look like your typical "mom jean". They are also super affordable and are almost always on sale!
3. This clutch is a total lifesaver, and I am not even exaggerating when I say that. I am pretty much over the days of carrying a giant diaper bag around when we go out because it's really not necessary anymore now that Harper is older. It holds all of my essentials, and even has a fold out changing pad attached inside - how cool is that?!
4. Flats are a momiform must. They're easy to throw on and are ideal for chasing around your little one(s). I wear my leopard loafers at least 3-4 times a week because they add a fun touch and can liven up any outfit. I like the look and feel of a loafer versus a traditional flat because they tend to be more comfortable and lightweight.
5. Adding simple accessories is the way to go as a mom. I used to be really into big statement necklaces, but those just aren't practical for every day life anymore. I swore I wouldn't get into the choker trend, but now that I've tried it I have to say I kind of love it. This simple bow choker is so sweet and adds the perfect finishing touch! Also, don't forget a great pair of sunglasses.
For all of my fellow mamas, what 5 pieces would you include in your momiform?
Wrap Front Sweater c/o Zaful
Baublebar Choker (on sale for only $22!)
Petunia Pickle Bottom Convertible Clutch c/o The Baby Cubby
Valley Eyewear Sunglasses via Ditto (use code MIDDLEOFSOMEWHERE to get your first month free)