Today I am excited to be sharing part two of my spring wardrobe must have's with you all. In last week's Part One post, I shared the first two essential items on my spring cheat sheet. The look I am sharing today completes my top 5 list, which includes a lightweight floral scarf, a sweater or top in a bright hue, and distressed denim. In thinking about my favorite items to transition from winter to spring, I realized that I tend to gravitate toward pieces that can be layered. In New Mexico, our weather is usually really unpredictable and random from about February until May. Last week, for example, we saw snow on Monday and 70 degrees without a cloud in the sky by Friday. My ThredUp order arrived at the perfect time and I wound up wearing this Equipment cashmere sweater and JCrew floral scarf combination twice - as pictured in today's post, as well as with jeggings and tall boots on one of our colder days.
Winter to Spring Must Have's
1. Cardigans - A nice lightweight option, like what I wore in my part one post, is the perfect layering piece that can be worn with a t-shirt or tank top, or a flannel button up if it's still a little chilly out.
2. Neutral crossbody bag - I always gravitate toward either black or brown when purchasing handbags because they go with anything and are appropriate no matter what season it is.
3. Floral lightweight scarf - I generally bundle up in a blanket scarf in the winter, but enjoy mixing things up with a more flowy lightweight option as the temperature rises. A scarf is a great transition piece that can be easily removed as it gets warmer during the day.
4. Distressed denim - I used to reserve any of my distressed jeans for the summer time, but have recently realized that they make the perfect transition piece. My distressed jeans are some of my most comfortable pants, and add visual interest to any outfit regardless of the season.
5. A bright colored sweater or top - I couldn't believe it when I found this Equipment cashmere sweater for under $40 on ThredUp! It is so comfortable and can be worn with jeans now, or paired with a sundress or skirt in the next few months with a great pair of wedges!
Equipment Sweater c/o ThredUp (only $36.92!)
JCrew Scarf c/o ThredUp (purchased for $15.50)
Smoke x Mirrors Sunglasses via Ditto (use code MIDDLEOFSOMEWHERE for your first month free)
Zara Purse (no longer online, love this option for under $30)